Slider

Back to Basics

Monday, January 7, 2013

This weekend I needed to gather myself. December passed by in a blur and there were so many things I had planned, had wanted to do, that ended up going to the wayside.  And to top it all off I got sick on Dec 30 and I don't remember the last time I was so sick. I was oh so lucky to catch that flu that has been making its way around Halifax. We had to cancel our New Year plans and then I just didn't bounce back the way I usually do.  By Friday I was starting to feel better, just in time to get a text saying that Ozzy wasn't feeling so hot. So I decided that our New Year do-over would have to wait and this weekend would be a real break.

For two days we've cuddled, played match games, Gator Golf and hockey and watched a Christmas movie. We took the kids outside in the snow and built Nippy the snowman. Sweetie Pie isn't the biggest fan of snow but we finally found something she did like...the sled! G and Ozzy took turns pulling her around the yard until it was time to come in for naptime, cookies and snowman soup.
Those rosie cheeks just kill me!
Not sure where the name nippy came from...

We packed away Christmas, I planned meals for the week, packed lunches and got the kids ready for tomorrow. We hugged littles, napped, played dolly and tea party, hot wheels and read books.

I sewed a couple of small projects and then I found myself back in the kitchen. It's been awhile since I have actually cooked my family a meal. I'm ashamed to admit that it's been grab and go, simple and fast. So I took out the pots and made soup and dinner rolls. Fresh bread that didn't rise right....The upside was that the soup was delicious. Today I tried the rolls again and they turned out just fine! Even Ozzy told me that they were much better then the other ones.

These were the rolls that didn't rise so well...

2013 is a year to get pulled back together. I have allowed myself to get pulled in too many directions, and not enough time focusing my energy. I have so much that I want to do and so much that I want to teach my kids.  So keep following along on our adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan