Slider

What's for Dinner?

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I am amazed that it is the 22nd of January and we have only eaten out once and treated ourselves to coffee twice. I think that is a record of some kind!

I managed to get my act together and plan out our meals. Added bonus, I was down 2.7lbs last week! But the thing I love most of all is that I don't have to hear "the question". You know, the question that makes the family's principal chef want to rip out their hair, lay their head against a counter and cry out in agony. Yup "What's for dinner?" Three words have never brought more frustration and anguish to me more than those have.Let's say G and I stay married for 87 years (we'll both be well into our 100s when its over) and that question gets asked 5 times a week.... I'll have to have an answer for "What's for dinner?" 22,620 times...22,620! Shoot me now! Thankfully though, last week I only heard it once. It was responded to with "Read the calendar on the fridge and you'll know". Haven't had to answer it since, thus ensuring that our marriage continues for another day.

So what was for dinner?

Taco Bake (5WWPP)
Orange Chicken stir fry with rice (8WWPP)
Tortellini soup
left overs

Taco Bake
(found a recipe online and changed it)


Cook 1 cup brown rice
In a pan brown 1lb ground turkey. Add a packet of low sodium taco seasoning.
Add:
1 small onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 carrot grated
2 tomatoes chopped
Stir in:
1 can black beans, rinsed
1/2 cup salsa
Prepared brown rice

I put it in 2 8x8 pans, sprinkled 1/2 low fat cheese over both and baked for 15-20 minutes at 350. Serve over shredded lettuce, topped with fresh diced tomato, salsa and sour cream. The kids both loved this! It came together really fast and by the time it came out of the oven, I had the kitchen all cleaned up!

I'll share the other recipes in another post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan