Slider

34 x 34- The 30 Day Shred (or not)

Monday, October 28, 2013

So I'm not doing the 30 Day Shred. Yes it was on the list but it's been replaced. I can't do this exercise thing on my own. Don't get me wrong. I love how I feel about an hour after I'm done, how I can feel myself getting stronger and how I can see the smallest changes in my body. I fall short on the motivation. When I step on the scale and the number hasn't changed, or even worse- has climbed. I failed at Weight Watchers because I would forget to track and getting to the meetings got to be so stressful because of the kid's activities, because of work, because I could find a reason not to go and sit in a room with other people who struggle and watch them change and me gain.

Apparently I don't eat enough. On the advice of my coach I started eating more calories and that week I lost 3.8 lbs....uh...okay... I was eating good clean calories and that makes all the difference in the world. Yes I have a coach. A whole group of people actually, who are way more fit than me and it intimidates the hell out of me. I'm following a workout schedule called  FocusT25 and I've stuck with it for 7 weeks now.  My coach, Mandy Leonards is a great motivator and she's been on this journey herself so she gets that this isn't easy and is really helpful. She's a mom to two littles and I honestly have no idea how she gets it all done! The other coach in our group, Megan Parker has made an amazing transformation after having twins. Seriously her before and after pics are surreal and give me hope that I can do this too.

This morning I started week 2 of T25 Beta. Week 1 was a slight wash... I have had a sinus cold for a couple of weeks now and I allowed that to be my excuse to fall short last week. I made a renewed commitment over the weekend and even though I was up until 12:30am sewing for an upcoming craft fair- I dragged my ass our of bed this morning at 5:30am when my phone blared the Madagascar version of "I like to move it, move it" because the truth is I do like to move it first thing in the morning. Getting out of bed is the hardest part. Once I have my workout done I take a few minutes to recover, pack lunches and then I have my day to do what I need to do and if I can fit an extra workout in I do. I do a lot of walking and chasing the kids but I haven't run in a few weeks.

So I'm sticking with it, even though I have struggled to stay on track the last couple of weeks. I have 4 weeks left (I'm counting this week in that...one day of 7 does not a week make!) I can handle Shaun T's bedroom eyes for that much longer. And then I'll start alpha again, order gamma and start that once I've nailed the alpha and beta workouts. The workouts are fun and the schedule is done for you. All you have to do is show up, give it your best and, when you stop to catch a breath, take in the T25 eye candy.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan