Slider

Easter baking

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Another long weekend has come and gone- and what a shock we got more snow! Honestly a green Christmas and a white Easter were not exactly what I had in mind this year :/

Normally we are out skipping rope, drawing with chalk and blowing bubbles Easter weekend. This year we took advantage of the bit of sun we had to go for a walk and do a little drawing but then we had to find some indoor activities to occupy our time.


Naturally we made Easter cookies. We decided to send these to Amelia's teachers because they are clearly not on the 21 Day Fix program ;)  

We made the sugar cookie and royal icing recipes from Sweetopia.  I love her blog, so many great ideas, tutorials and recipes. I used the cupcake cookie cutter from Cheapcookiecutters.com (a favorite shop of mine). 

Amelia decorated her cookies like this:


I loved her concentration. She was so cute!
I really wanted to try making the lamps like the Flour Box Bakery tutorial on Facebook. I must have watched the video about 15 times before I was happy with the results. The gray was a little too dark for my liking but it is what it is they are still cute.




I have a lot of practicing to do before the big tea party in June if I want my Anna and Elsa cookies to look as good as the ones the Flour Box Bakery or Sweetopia make!

*Disclaimer: I received no money or products from the blogs/companies I linked to in this post. I just like them and shared.





No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan