Slider

Moving forward in 2018

Tuesday, January 16, 2018


I'm thrilled that I have given the blog a new look! I hope you like it as much as I do. I still have some setting up to do but this is a very busy time of year for me and I decided to stop putting off posting until... until the blog is perfect, until I'm not busy, until I know exactly what to say. I kept putting off our family photos until I lost weight, but I came to the decision that that was stupid so I booked them and I was so so happy with them! So hey if family pictures can turn out without things being perfect, maybe writing again would be okay too.


I'm starting 2018 with a refreshed list of "to dos". I do have goals and those are more specific and measurable and I'll share those at another time. My intentions will remind me to keep moving forward to continue to embrace change and be mindful to live my best life, not the best life everyone else wants to live. We've got some big things coming in 2018 but it's the little things that make each day better.



I've been inspired by Kelle Hampton's categories for my own list- to help keep it more organized :)


Be Present- Make ever day count

Take a technology break- (I'm going to buy an alarm clock and keep my phone away from my bedside too!)
Read and play classic games with our kids

Do a 5 minute meditation
Read a book every month and highlight something meaningful
Write hand-written letters and notes to family/friends who live away

Be Healthy and ActiveCarry a water bottle, keep it full and drink it frequently
Workout 5 times per week (Hubby and I are starting with T25 and I want to do 80 Day Obsession)
Say “No” to sugarGo for a run with the familyLead the kids in a fun workout with musicYoga/stretch sessionGo for a bike ride with the familyTake kids to tennis courts (seriously it's down the street- I have no excuse!)

Be Social
Do an “I’ll bring you dinner some night/you bring me dinner some night” swap
Have a family over for dinner
Reach out to someone new
Organize a book club (even if it’s just for one book)
Be Creative
Art afternoons with kids and display the finished products
Make an inspiration board
Write more! This blog needs some love and attention :)
Find new family activities that involve getting creative
Finish the Christmas quilt (started 2 Christmases ago...)
Feather the Nest
Rearrange a room
Make the bedroom a retreat
Organize the office and make the basement cozier
Finish the rooms- pull together the finishing touches that I keep putting off)
Buy fresh flowers and arrange small bouquets around the house
Be a Learner
Read a new non-fiction book
Sign up for an online course
Watch a TED talk
Find a new informative podcast

Be Responsible

Clean out e-mail box
Unsubscribe to e-mail lists I don't love (I've already cleared out 15 newsletters and it feels so good to free my inbox!)
Sit down with G weekly to check in on our budget and calendar so we can reach our goals quicker
Cross off two to-do’s from my procrastination list 
Have Fun!Have fun whenever possible, don't take everything so seriously!
Take a vacation
Try a new hairstyle


I'll revisit this list throughout the year, not only to keep you up to date but also to keep me accountable to moving forward. 




1 comment:

  1. Nice job sis-in-law. LOVE the family photos. I look forward to seeing your 2018 progress! xo from TN.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan